Author Interview - M. Robinson
M. Robinson is the Wall Street Journal & USA Today Bestselling Author crowned as the “Queen of Angst” by readers around the world. Dive into her visionary world that will take you on a rollercoaster ride of emotions and leave you wanting more.
Her Next Book 'Mafia Casanova' releases on 17th November 2020.
1. Hi Monica!! Please tell us something about yourself.
A) Hi!!! I am M. Robinson and I write all the angst! I have written 24 books and working on my 25th. I spend most of my time in the cave because the characters in my head won’t leave me alone.
2. Do people in your real life know you’re an author? If yes, do they read your books?
A) Yes. Everyone in my life knows what I do. Some of my family and friends have read my books.
3. What is your most memorable moment as an author?
A) When I meet my readers. Those are always the most memorable moments for me.
4. You have written so many characters! Is there any specific character who is really close to your heart?
A) Nope. I love them all for different reasons.
5. I love all your books , but the Good ol' boys series is my absolute favorite one! What gave you the idea for this amazing series?
A) I went to Oak Island for a family reunion with my husband’s family. We were riding bikes with his cousins and I was the only girl with four boys. And then BAM! I got hit with Lucas and Alex’s story which is Complicate Me which is the first book in the standalone series. As I was writing the first book, the secondary characters started talking and within the first few chapters I knew all the boys would get their own books.
6. Do you ever put yourself or other people you meet in your characters?
A) Yes. All the time. I’m constantly inspired by things I see or hear.
7. I love the bond between you and Rachel Van Dyken! I heard that You both are planning to co-write a novel. Please tell us something about that!!
A) We’re actually releasing our first collab and so excited for it! It’s a romantic suspense, mafia life! It releases November 17th.
8. I see that you have written a lot of series , duets and interconnected stanalones! Is there a specific reading order of your books?
A) Nope, you can start wherever you would like. If you want to start at the beginning then I suggest starting with Complicate Me which is the book I talked about above.
9. Which of your books was the hardest for you to write?
A) Road to Nowhere was a pain in the butt in the beginning. I actually went back and rewrote it.
10. Do you ever Read for Pleasure? What genres do you like?
A)I wish I could read more often then I do. I used to be an avid reader and then I became a writer and it took over everything.
11. Do you have a strict writing schedule, or do you write whenever the inspiration strikes?
A) I try to release 4-5 books a year. This is a hard business and consistency is key. Good thing I have lots of voices who want their stories told!
12. Is there even a small chance that Mason(From Complicate Me) will get his own story? Because I have been waiting for his story for a long time!
A) I think everyone has. He’s a character that just won’t talk as much as I would like. I have plans to write him, just don’t know when.
13. What do you have in line next?
A) I’m announcing what I have coming on Sunday, Nov 8th on my author M Robinson page on Facebook! Come check out my live at 6 pm est!
14. Before wrapping up , let's do a quick random question round:
· Worst gift ever received. - A pillow
· Celebrity Crush - Alexander Starsgard
· one thing on your bucket list - Go to Tahiti and stay in one of those cabins on the water.
· Scariest moment ever- When I thought I had cancer. I didn’t. Thank God.
· One talent you would love to have? - I wish I could dance like Britney Spears. In my head, I totally can.
About the Author
Wall Street Journal & USA Today Bestselling Author M. Robinson loves her readers more than anything! They have given her the title of the ‘Queen of Angst.’ She loves to connect with her following through all her social media platforms and also through email! Please keep in touch in her reader group VIP on Facebook, if she’s not in there than she is on Instagram. She lives in Brandon Fl with the love of her life, her lobster, and husband Bossman. They have two German shepherd mixes, a gordito Wheaten Terrier and a user Tabby cat. She is extremely close to her family, and when she isn’t living the cave life writing her epic love stories, she is spending money shopping. Anywhere and everywhere. She loves reading and spending time with her family and friends whenever she can.